Getting To Know You

More
6 years 6 months ago #947 by River
Getting To Know You was created by River
Let's be friends. Even better, let's be brothers and sisters. I want to get to know you. I propose we use this thread as a way to do that. A way to ask and answer and tell the minutia that makes us such wonderfully individual individuals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #948 by River
Replied by River on topic Getting To Know You
Do you prefer red grapes, or green?

I like red because they tend to be sweeter and also the skin doesn't seem as thick. Seedless, obviously ;)

• Senan
  • Knight
  • Knight
  • Just trying to make a difference in the world
More
6 years 6 months ago #950 by Senan
Replied by Senan on topic Getting To Know You
I like green grapes out of the freezer. Mmmmmmm. Sometimes we put them in a glass of white wine.

My turn... vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry ice cream?

First Knight (Nov 26th, 2018)

Battlefield Commission - Knight
Apprentice to Wescli Wardest

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #952 by River
Out of the freezer? Ew, you can have my life time share ;) I'm super sensitive to temperatures and don't really like cold or hot foods much. I like a nice cool, lukewarm, or room temperature meal lol.

Ice creams.... Hmm, depends on my mood, but my favorite of the options is probably vanilla. I like how it's simply perfect and perfectly simple. I do, of course, let it melt a bit before I eat it so it's more cool than cold. ;)
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by River.

More
6 years 6 months ago #955 by jzen
Replied by jzen on topic Getting To Know You

River wrote: Do you prefer red grapes, or green?

I like red because they tend to be sweeter and also the skin doesn't seem as thick. Seedless, obviously ;)

Red for me too :) they seem to taste better :)

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #956 by jzen

Senan wrote: I like green grapes out of the freezer. Mmmmmmm. Sometimes we put them in a glass of white wine.

My turn... vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry ice cream?

Strawberry... lol. I love strawberry ice cream :)

My turn now... What's your favorite season?? Mine is definitely the Fall. Brisk air, colorful leaves, I definitely enjoy it the most :)
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by jzen.

More
6 years 6 months ago #957 by River
Spring time for me. Same as with food temperature, I'm not great with air temperatures outside of a pretty narrow range. Spring and Fall are best temperature-wise, but Spring has the added benefit of greenness and new life and fresh beginnings. And also doesn't have leaf mold, which in allergic too, lol. Plus.... springing sounds funner than falling ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #958 by River
So, do y'all have any pets? Tell us about them!

I have a pure bred border collie. Her name is Zoe and she's three and a half years old. She's disturbingly brilliant. She can open doors with doorknobs and says "I want out" in English. She definitely needs to be kept using her brain (lots of training and such) to be happy. I feel bad on days when I just sleep or am too hurting or fatigued to do much with her, but she's brilliant and just naps a lot on those days.

My wife has a cat and my husband has a cat. The cats live upstairs though, and Zoe and I stay pretty down stairs, so I don't interact with Ryssa and Tyberius much. Ryssa is a very bitchy Siamese and Ty is a very skittish flame point.

We're moving sometime in the next six months or so; buying a house. First improvement on the new place will be fencing in the yard if it's not already. Then Zoe gets a doggie pal; probably a Corgi. So on my off days, they can entertain each other.

I also desperately want an African pygmy hedgehog, but that'll be a ways down the road.

Also in our house lives an invisible green gorilla called Galileo. He's more a friend than a pet, though, and is just as intelligent and verbal as any human. Lately he spends a lot of time with his family in the Congo, but he does come around sometimes still.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by River.

More
6 years 6 months ago #960 by jzen
No, my wife is allergic to pets. When I was a kid, I had a cocker spaniel, and a beautiful Himalayan cat. Haven't had any since then.

More
6 years 6 months ago #962 by River
All pets, or just dander? Cause I'm just sayin', a pair of hermit crabs would be pretty awesome! (Contrary to whatever naming trope was used when hermit crabs were named, it turns out they are critters that suffer when alone and do much better with a friend or two!)

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds