Getting To Know You

More
6 years 5 months ago #979 by River
Replied by River on topic Getting To Know You

Senan wrote: Goofy mutt! She also has one brown eye and one bright blue almost white eye. It's pretty cool.

I don't have any kids of my own, but I have three nieces whom my wife and I spoil with gifts and sweets and then send them back to their parents LOL. We don't plan on any kids of our own, but it's fun to be immature with my brother's kids.

Oh, and I live about an hour East of Los Angeles in a city with a name made famous in Bugs Bunny cartoons. Rancho Cucamonga.

Heterochromia is one of my favorite things EVER. I wish I had it. I want one brown and one blue.

You too, rock on with your childless selves! The status quo is silly. Humans are not quo. Y'all do y'all. :)

I... *Deep breath*.... I am 42 years old and have never seen a Bugs Bunny cartoon O.o

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lykeios
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #993 by Lykeios
Replied by Lykeios on topic Getting To Know You
Wow! You should remedy that, River! Unless you're against cartoons or anthropomorphized animals for some reason...haha. I'd recommend Looney Tunes (the original series) to just about anyone.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Lykeios.

More
6 years 5 months ago #994 by River

Lykeios wrote: Wow! You should remedy that, River! Unless you're against cartoons or anthropomorphized animals for some reason...haha. I'd recommend Looney Tunes (the original series) to just about anyone.

I can and will anthropomorphise the heck of any and every thing, lol.

Animation does sometimes make my eyes and head go a bit wonky and sore: I have sensory processing dysfunction and something about the crisper-than-real lines of animation can sometimes bug me. That said, I'm a huge fan of Dory and Nemo and Moana and Ninjago. I dunno, sometimes it gets me and sometimes it doesn't.

I grew up without a television, so I just never got that attachment to cartoons that most people seem to have. And also, if I'm honest.... I know the old Loony Tunes aren't gory and all, but they do seem to have a lot of gratuitous violence. I'm not real into that kind of humor. I don't even laugh when people fall or get hit in the unmentionables on YouTube!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen, Lykeios

More
6 years 5 months ago #1003 by Acanthos
Replied by Acanthos on topic Getting To Know You
Grapes; don't mind, I can eat more green then red at once probably, but I'd prefer dates!
Ice Cream; mango sorbet, dairy and animal fat is not my funk.
Season; only two seasons where I live, Spring and Summer, so I prefer Spring as the Summer is too hot. I do like rain though, and as our Spring is as close to Winter as it gets.and don't mind a bit of a frost now and then.
Kids; none.
Baked; chocolate, I make my own chocolate though, no dairy, no white sugar, just organic cacao and honey. The trick is sourcing the right ingredients, so the two just blend into the perfect chocolate amalgam of natural seed fats and natural flower sugars. I think the Mayans were onto something!!!
TV Series; Hmm, not much... Brooklyn 99 is fun, but otherwise like Police or surgery reality TV. I mostly watch news or movies.
Pets; Kitty

極代 ~ per ardua ad astra
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen, Lykeios

More
6 years 5 months ago #1006 by River
What was your favorite toy as a kid?
How about now?

As a kid, I had this slightly-smaller-than-average pale purple marble that I really loved. I named it Peter for some odd little-River reason. My environment was a little random, so to keep the marble safe I kept him in my mouth most of the time (though in grade 3 I got a little pouch I could wear around my neck and kept him in there instead). I imagined him as a bullied runt who needed me.

As for now.... hmm... I love my flmusical Instruments. But I also love my teddy bears and other stuffies. Oh, and my animal figurines! Uhm... I'm spoiled for choice. I'm spoiled in general, honestly.

I'm gonna go with either one of my pocket-size stuffies or my favorite fiddle, Vera.

Oh wait, does my phone count? Cause, my phone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios

More
6 years 5 months ago #1007 by River
Aw, hi Lyk's kitty! You're gorgeous!

• Lykeios
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1008 by Lykeios
Replied by Lykeios on topic Getting To Know You
Haha. Good question!
Favorite "toy" as a kid has to be my N64. It will always be my second-favorite video game system and the one I remember most fondly.

Now? Ummm...I guess my phone. I don't really have toys anymore sadly...

Oh, and I think you meant to say hi to Acanthos' kitty, River. :P unfortunately I don't have any cats right now
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Lykeios.

More
6 years 5 months ago #1009 by River
Oh, so I did lol. I was too distracted by his purrfect little face to look up to get the name right lol

More
6 years 5 months ago #1010 by River

Lykeios wrote: Now? Ummm...I guess my phone. I don't really have toys anymore sadly...

Aw man, this genuinely makes me kinda sad. I totally believe that frivolous fun (in moderation, as with all things) is really good for you.

So, Lyk, a modified question for you: if you could have any toy right now, what would you want and why?

• Senan
  • Knight
  • Knight
  • Just trying to make a difference in the world
More
6 years 5 months ago #1013 by Senan
Replied by Senan on topic Getting To Know You
My favorite toys we’re GI Joe and Transformers. I had a ton of them.

Now I have a bunch of Star Wars toys and my Kylo Ren cross-saber. And I still have my original Nintendo.

First Knight (Nov 26th, 2018)

Battlefield Commission - Knight
Apprentice to Wescli Wardest
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen, River

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds