Getting To Know You

More
6 years 6 months ago #964 by jzen
Replied by jzen on topic Getting To Know You
We put our attention into our kids... all 8 of them lol. Maybe we'll get some fish in the future, but right now, it's not on the list of things to get, lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #965 by River
Replied by River on topic Getting To Know You
Eight!!!
Geez, and I thought my brother had a lot with four!

• Lykeios
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #969 by Lykeios
Replied by Lykeios on topic Getting To Know You
Green grapes for me (I love the tartness).

Vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry ice cream? Definitely strawberry for me.

Favorite season? Definitely fall/autumn. I love the changing colors, the cool/brisk air, the rain, the sense of impending winter, etc...

Pets? We have one dog (a springer spaniel/poodle mix named Puff), about 20 or so tarantulas (of various species/varieties), around one-hundred Madagascar hissing cockroaches (which, apart from their creepy, hooky, little legs, are actually interesting creatures that are largely misunderstood by a large portion of the population).

My turn!
What is your favorite TV/Netflix/Hulu/Whatever show? (Doesn't have to be currently running right now, just out of all the shows you've seen what is/are your favorite/s?)

• Senan
  • Knight
  • Knight
  • Just trying to make a difference in the world
More
6 years 6 months ago #970 by Senan
Replied by Senan on topic Getting To Know You
First, I like the fall season most. I love noticing the days get shorter and the light change. I like the way nature sort of begins to doze off into the sleep of winter. I also like the brisk morning air and being able to snuggle under blankets when it gets cold. I don't like all of the holiday hooplah that starts this time of year, but the family celebrations are fun.

I don't have any pets at home currently, but I talked my mom into rescuing a German Shepherd Husky mix named Sheila last year so she is pretty much my dog who lives at my mom's because the yard is big and walled in. That doesn't stop her from escaping, though. She has gone through chain link fences, over six foot walls, and can open some doors. She loves to run and doesn't like to be contained, but she isn't trying to run away. When she gets out, all I have to do is drive my car anywhere near her and open the door and she jumps right in. Goofy mutt! She also has one brown eye and one bright blue almost white eye. It's pretty cool.

I don't have any kids of my own, but I have three nieces whom my wife and I spoil with gifts and sweets and then send them back to their parents LOL. We don't plan on any kids of our own, but it's fun to be immature with my brother's kids.

Oh, and I live about an hour East of Los Angeles in a city with a name made famous in Bugs Bunny cartoons. Rancho Cucamonga. It was originally all wine vineyards around Route 66 on the way to the beach, but is now a pretty suburban city against the local mountains.

First Knight (Nov 26th, 2018)

Battlefield Commission - Knight
Apprentice to Wescli Wardest
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen, Lykeios

• Lykeios
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #973 by Lykeios
Oh, yea! I also have no kids of my own and my wife and I absolutely do NOT want any.

More
6 years 6 months ago #974 by River
I love roaches! They're so cute, and shiny. Here's one of my favorite jokes:
What's the difference between a cockroach and a human?
Roaches go crunch-squish and a human goes squish-crunch :D

My favorite show is Firefly. Easy, hands down, didn't even have to think. Cowboys in space, what's not to love! Plus, us Rivers gotta stick together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios

More
6 years 6 months ago #975 by River
Kids. Well, my brother has four, and one of them recently told me "When you and mommy and daddy are old, [older brother] will take care of daddy, [sister] will take care of mommy, and I will take care of you! And [baby brother] will help everybody." So it seems I'm set ;)

I have two children, Ivy and Kahlil, but both are deceased. Being their mom is he best thing I ever have or will do, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen, Lykeios

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #976 by River
Ok. So here's a preliminary question. A friend and I came up with a weird theory that has mostly held true over the years. I'll explain it after y'all have answered this:

In baked goods and sweets, would you generally prefer chocolate or lemon flavors?
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by River.

More
6 years 6 months ago #977 by River

Lykeios wrote: Oh, yea! I also have no kids of my own and my wife and I absolutely do NOT want any.

Rock on, brother! I know a lot of folk who get shamed for choosing not to have children, but I think it's silly and damaging to try to force something just because "they" say that's how things should happen.

Carry on carryin' on :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios

• Lykeios
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #978 by Lykeios

River wrote: Ok. So here's a preliminary question. A friend and I came up with a weird theory that has mostly held true over the years. I'll explain it after y'all have answered this:

In baked goods and sweets, would you generally prefer chocolate or lemon flavors?

Definitely lemon. Chocolate can be good, but I adore sour/tart treats. Lemon bars are on of my favorite baked goods.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds