My Needs (aka, Community Building)

More
6 years 6 months ago #1068 by Brenna
Hey River :)

I totally understand what you're saying, and as you can see, you're not the only one. And our community and our "sharing" of ourselves will come. It is a process, not just in learning more about each other and begining to trust, but also logistically. Because we are online, schedules are often a barrier to feeling that sense of community. Thats one of the reasons for the Facebook group. Interaction in more real time. I personally can often be contacted 1000X faster through facebook than any other medium. So use it :D

And remember, we ARE still new. The comunity takes time.

Feeling like youve walked in on a metting or something, I suspect thats also not something youre alone in experiencing, and I'll bet you feel it offline too. People like us ARE out of step with the rest of the world, its one of the reasons that I suspect people abandon this path so quickly, because embracing it means accepting that you are not in "sync" with so so many people. It can feel lonely, which is why the skills of SELF validation and self reliance are so vital.

If you need community, reach out. Get connected to each of us on a personal level, we can all help keep each other in check and connected. But DO start doing the exploration. asking questions about why you need someone to say I see you and how that relates to your growth. And if you need a hand, you know where to find me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds