Coronavirus

More
4 years 6 days ago #3168 by Wescli Wardest
Coronavirus was created by Wescli Wardest
!!!CORONAVIRUS!!!

Just in case you've been living under a rock or just woke up from a coma, the people of the world have faced a new foe... coronavirus.
Where I live, we are asked to stay at home, do not go out unless absolutely necessary. Except for "essential" workers. We can go to work everyday.

How is everyone doing?

How are you holding up / coping?

Any thoughts, concerns, theories or conspiracies you'd like to share?

Questions you've wondered about?

Or just want somewhere to talk and have people reply?

:)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 days ago #3169 by Serenity
Replied by Serenity on topic Coronavirus
Doing well Wes , its difficult to see the people suffer that i love but i try to keep busy with my Coronasupport Facebookgroup and i must say my hause has never been so clean and my garden never so well kept , i do not have a job at the moment so i am available to do shopping and other things for people that need it.
I do still get ill from time to time and my lungs have taken a very hard beating , in a few weeks i will have a lung photo taken to see what the damage is , but i already know there is damage because i still feel like i am trying to breathe underwater.

My mother and daughter are well and my cat is his usual annoying self and my hedgehog has come out of wintersleep and is profiding the aaaawh moments now , she is always so skinny when she comes out of ther wintersleep and is eating the cats food again hehe

My cat watches the birds eat his food too , i think in his head its instant stuffed bird ...;)

So for now , still alive , doing well , hoping this will not last too long , because i want to hug my daughter and mother again ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
4 years 3 days ago #3170 by Acanthos
Replied by Acanthos on topic Coronavirus
Mrs job is ok, she already did a few days from home as normal already, and business as usual for me. We are not social so not much as changed... a bit like a holiday more then anything (despite everything going on).

Yes for us a holiday is staying at home :D
Gives up time to do our admin :P

2018 and 2019 were massive maelstrom's of hectic-ness for us here which bled into 2020. Thankfully mostly resolved as of last Friday COB, all but for one more thing which fell over due to unforeseen circumstances. It's hard to celebrate when people are dying, but death is not new... and a bottle of bubbley did get opened on Friday night as a big deal got finalized. I guess we have to live on while we can if we can do so safely. Fear is the mind killer!

This tho is an area of interest to me though, and the emergence and spread of SARS-CoV-2 is something I've been watching for awhile, and it will be interesting to see the details of COVID-19 when we have better facts about its variety of actions.

Locally the society seems to be doing pretty good with it, except a lot of blokes have increased their idiot factor on the roads and the 20-30 year olds were a bit slow on the uptake of the simple social distancing requirements.

極代 ~ per ardua ad astra
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Serenity

More
3 years 11 months ago #3171 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Coronavirus
I wonder if things will ever return to "normal"?

More
3 years 11 months ago #3172 by Serenity
Normal was destroying us ...i hope it gets better and we dont get invaded by aliens haha

Attachments:

More
3 years 11 months ago #3173 by Wescli Wardest
I completely agree that aspects of daily life was not good for us.
But I'd like to be able to go to the park or see a movie or maybe even get a hamburger. I haven't had a hamburger in SO long :P

More
3 years 11 months ago #3174 by Serenity
The Netherlands are a smoll country , we can get them delivered at home and restaurants are giving away their reciepies for nice foods so you can try them at home ;)

More
3 years 11 months ago #3178 by KobayashiRmaru
Replied by KobayashiRmaru on topic Coronavirus
I just want people to stop being selfish and thinking about themselves. So many people being careless and doing dumb stuff. Or the conspiracy things that are going around right now just make me sick. I know real people in these fields. I work with government agencies; there is no super-secret plan. The scientists are trying so hard to give us real data, and they are not hiding anything. Why would they? It just feels like no matter what they say there is someone who spent three minutes on google "researching" has more credibility than someone who has a Ph.D. in germ clinical research. Every time they try to answer questions some moron grabs their research and pisses all over it, claiming some antivax bs on youtube is clearly the truth. Trying not to be frustrated with humans right now. My semester ended today. I'm still so far from being done.

I decided to celebrate small steps though and ordered some Pad Thai. Hmmm comfort food.

More
3 years 10 months ago #3187 by Wescli Wardest
Well, during the covid-19 isolation period our yard and garden has come along nicely. LOL
I was also commisioned to make an apple-butter paddle, for the apple-butter making process. I didn't even know what one of those was or looked like. So I did some research and wood-worked away. Got it completed on time and the customer seemed very pleased, excited almost.
I also discovered Tick-Tock, I'm sure that's not how it's spelt LOL
And my truck is VERY clean! :lol:

While doing all these things I have had several thoughts that I want to share with everyone but unfortunately I have not had the time to sit and write them all down. Organize them and get them in a format that would be good for other people to have any idea what I'm talking about. I just hope I can get to them before I forget them!

How is everyone else doing? :)

More
3 years 10 months ago #3188 by Serenity
Seeing the circumstances good , its annoying we have to deal with dumb selfish people here but that is the same everywhere in the world , my garden looks great , my house is clean , my voluntary work is going well and i might have a job soon for a few hours a week , so keeping busy and getting back to normal slowly ...very slowly

Restaurants open here at june 1st , but i will not be attending untill i feel safe again. Even in park and forest people dont keep distance so i dont believe they will in a restaurant, I am slowly having friends over for dinner , never more than 2 and my daughter stays over regularly just like my mother , we have a very small circle now , but that is ok ...Things will get a lot worse before they get better here Patience is of the essence :)

Stay Healthy !

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds