Jedi Do Yes

More
4 years 11 months ago #2871 by Streen
Jedi Do Yes was created by Streen
Before I get to the point of my post here, I'd like to just share this video. I'm sure many of you have seen this (I have seen this many times myself) but it was on TV today, and I took it to heart.

My point in posting this is because I've come to a decision. As I alluded to in my greeting post, I've been thinking long and hard about my role as a Jedi. To make a long story short, I've finally decided that I need to get involved again, to walk the path of the Jedi once more. Just as in the video, I have been "Jedi do guess so" for far too long. I'm in danger of getting squished in the middle of the road.

On another note, I wonder if I could serve this order in a manner in which I am familiar. I don't want to make any presumptions, assumptions, or egotistical suppositions, but I've been a Jedi for 22 years, and all throughout that time I've been a teacher. If it is at all possible, I'd like to earn my right to teach again.

Whatever steps I have to take, please let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen, Brenna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #2872 by Acanthos
Replied by Acanthos on topic Jedi Do Yes
I think at MOoK we watch putting any label on a pedestal too much. As useful as banners are they tend to easily become central to ones focus if we let em. So I reckon its less about 'something for so long', but rather the 'what' of where you are and where your going. As old Jedi we tend to trust the weathered stone, but each flagstone is different yet vital in its own way for the path to serve the many. It's good to be resolute though!! What do you want to teach?

極代 ~ per ardua ad astra
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, jzen

More
4 years 11 months ago #2873 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Jedi Do Yes

It is complete possible. :)

I would agree with Acanthos, we try to not put labels on pedestals. That said, Knight Lieutenant is the rank in where members are allowed to begin teaching apprentices. To reach Knight Lieutenant one must first become a sponsored member, complete the IDP, complete an apprenticeship and interview for knighthood, sponsor three members until they become squires, complete the lessons on teaching and earn all required merit badges.

It’s a log road.

There are many other ways to be of service as well. We also have a guild hall where people with expertise share their knowledge with others. And there is a place for those that wish to share sermons, which are normally posted by knights or ordained members. We also have gatherings where we share our knowledge in person and classes can be arranged there as well.
And there are many, many other ways to be of service.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #2879 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic Jedi Do Yes

Wescli Wardest wrote:
Knight Lieutenant is the rank in where members are allowed to begin teaching apprentices. To reach Knight Lieutenant one must first become a sponsored member, complete the IDP, complete an apprenticeship and interview for knighthood, sponsor three members until they become squires, complete the lessons on teaching and earn all required merit badges.

It’s a long road.

I suspected that would be the case. Not unlike TotJO. I'll be honest, I believe that ranking systems are what destroyed the Jedi community. You'll notice that there are so few Jedi sites left. As systems rose, belief diminished. Philosophical and spiritual discussion died off, and religion took over. Order over faith. Rules over righteousness.

I had created a website many months ago that I had forgotten about. All it had was some writing done throughout the last 10 years. Our talking here inspired me to express my disagreement with the way things have progressed in the Jedi Order. If you're at all curious to hear what I have to say, this link will explain:

Sanctuary Moon
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Streen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
4 years 11 months ago #2880 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Jedi Do Yes

I understand your frustration and point of view.
And I know you have been around quite a long time; because, I have seen you at other sites for years.

There are a few reasons I decided to go with the structure that I did. First, with the information age being what it is, there are a lot of charlatans out there. (Charlatan, a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud.) I am personally aware of a field that was discredited due to this issue; and, many good personal coaches have felt the repercussion of the actions of a few. One way of fighting that is to delay individuals from spreading what they will until their knowledge base has been proven.

Next, when most people go somewhere they naturally associate anything they find there as representative of that place or their beliefs. And places are often held accountable, even if only in public opinion, for what goes on in their walls or group. And disclaimers and notes and efforts to disavow seem to make no difference. Seeing how are ability to function in a charitable capacity as a group will depend in part on our reputation I have no desire to risk that or chance jeopardizing it.

Lastly, being that the members here do have commonality, in basic ideology, moral standing and community desire, I wanted to make sure that anyone whom teaches here has at least a basic understanding of our core principles, agrees with them and will promote them. That they will be a fine representative of our Order/Organization and have the basic skills covered in how to “teach” which is covered under advanced lessons of the Individual Development Program (IDP).

But don’t forget what I mentioned earlier, we do have guild halls where people with expertise can share their knowledge with others. Building a class on how to do something or a philosophical debate club (just throwing out ideas) is permitted.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds