Does this effect you?

More
5 years 7 months ago #2361 by Wescli Wardest

2 Timothy 4:1-8 King James Version (KJV)

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Life is not fair.
There are no guaranties in life.
Life must be lived forward and it can only be understood backward.

It is said that one of the devil's greatest tricks is convincing mankind that he doesn't exist.

Does any of this cause a response to swell inside you?
Does any of this cause you to want to share something?
It doesn't matter what it is or if you feel it's even related...
These are just meant to be thought provoking.

Share your thoughts. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2364 by jzen
Replied by jzen on topic Does this effect you?
Certainly there are several points here where one will pause and take note of what is written. I've always found the devil's greatest trick comment interesting and intriguing. I've also noticed how people prefer an easy lie to a hard truth....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
5 years 7 months ago #2365 by Wescli Wardest
2 Timothy 4:3-4
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I remembered this passage when I discovered Burning Man. I had heard of Burning Man before but gave little thought to it. What it was, what people did there, any of it. Then, one day, a report was done on Burning Man and it caught my attention. It is the old Druidic Wicker Man ceremony brought back to life. And of course I started thinking about all the other things where man has created religions that serve his own desires… Scientology, Atheism even Jediism.

For those that do not know, I am a Knight of Jediism. But I never saw it as a religion but a philosophy. Which is kind of odd because I don’t see myself as a Plato-ist. If that even exists? LOL :lol:

Of the standard religions of the world, strict adherence to them is hard for the individual. And without study and faith it can be impossible. We have the tendency to want things to make sense to our reasoning. But why should it? Are we perfect? Or did we design the universe? Do we really have the ability to comprehend the design in its entirety? So we try to pick and choose pieces that fit the way we want religion to be and form some kind of spirituality. But I don’t think this fulfills our Telos. And so we still crave…

In Christianity…

Matthew 22:36-40 (NIV)
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

When you love God, you follow what is expected or asked of you. You serve. And in serving him we serve each other as we would serve ourselves. Through charity, love, service, compassion, honor we begin to realize our Telos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Senan, jzen

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds