Is the end near?

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #3545 by Wescli Wardest
I have renewed the services for this site until August 14th, 2024.

I am considering not renewing them further. 
I have not decided one way or the other yet.

This thread is for people to voice their thoughts, concerns and opinions concerning this.

I would love to hear from everyone on this matter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #3546 by Serenity
Replied by Serenity on topic Is the end near?
I will reply when my migraine subsides 

More
8 months 4 days ago #3548 by Serenity
I am not sure what that means when you stop paying for the services , but i would understand if you do , for my website it meant that i had to make a backup of all our work and i then moved it to wordpress only to find out i have to pay for that aswell grr haha  So now i am considering just paying it to keep the content in the air. Streen has been downloading our content aswell so nothing is really lost, 

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #3552 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Is the end near?
Not renewing would effectively shut down the site.
I had considered backing up the learning material.
I have also considered redoing the entire site... and having the learning material would be helpful.  Not all of it would be used but some would.

Of the original members, you and I are the only active ones.
We have not advertised.
But we get a lot of visitors on a daily basis.  
So I thought of closing this site down, redoing the material, structure and simplifying the format.

Maybe creating something with more real time interaction capability.
A rank structure similar to the one I showed you before as a concept.
And changing the name.  I think that the "monastic" aspect is a part of what turns people away.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #3553 by KobayashiRmaru
Replied by KobayashiRmaru on topic Is the end near?
I suck. I suck at logging in here and I really want to. I'm frustrated with TOTJO and I feel like this has a lot of value because you are requiring people to go do things, not just use a name. I have failed in holding up my end of the deal in attempting to follow that here, that is not your fault. I LOVE that this place requires action and Ive been so busy in actions that I have not stopped to take a few minutes here. This is my failing. Perhaps some advertising would not be a bad idea but I don't think removing this place is the answer either. I have some ideas and thoughts. I'll try to form into a more cohesive form to put out there but I like MOOK. I believe in actions, I like this place for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Serenity, Caligo

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #3556 by Serenity
Ow , i see what you mean now , 

The thing is i agree with Heather , the focus of this leaning place is out in the world , i have learned some very valuable lessons and have better tools to be of service in the outside world and this place has a special place in my heart. I am no good at advertising and promotion , i am hands on , in the world trying to be of service , the limitations i have are that i need to log of a lot to be in the real world , also started a new job now and so that means a little less time , but , i am home more because i work from home again. My health does not allow me to do First Aid anymore in the way i used to. I look forward to Heathers ideas and will think about it aswell.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #3557 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Is the end near?
I am interested in seeing your ideas as well.

I am still considering remaking the the rank structure and lesson scheme.

Also, I would never want people to feel like they have to log in on a constant basis to be considered active. Because, in part, I feel our focus should be on real world experience and self development; not being on a web site.

I have also considered doing away with this particular site and format and going to another type of site build and format.  Something that had a section where lessons could be stored.  Journals could be stored. They the bulk of the site being "chat room" style interfaces.  Or, at least more chat room style activity available.  

More over, I want more site security.  I get tired of al the spam accounts.  Every time I clean out spam accounts I have to delete thousands of them.  And sadly, that is not an exaggeration. 

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #3558 by Serenity
Yes i have removed them aswell, maybe its an idea to let people send an email to a site email and let them explain why they want to join. A forum like site could work. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
7 months 3 days ago #3568 by KobayashiRmaru
Replied by KobayashiRmaru on topic Is the end near?
I'm still working on getting my thoughts together. I had a huge scare a week and a half ago that really has eaten all of my spoons. Now that I have some daylight shining I'll get back on my thoughts and suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Serenity

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds