Senan has passed

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #2534 by Wescli Wardest

Steven Jeffrey Hay, born the third of June in the year 1979, passed away last week. He is survived by his wife and family.
He was the first Knight here at the Monastic Order of Knights. He was our Chief Membership Officer, a Small Council Member and my friend…

When I received the phone call informing me of Senan’s passing I thought back to all the fun we had together. The conversations, the jokes, his willingness to help people, all the lives he touched and the things we built together. I remembered Skyping with him as he went through the different stages of cancer and the different options that were available to him. And most importantly I remembered how upbeat and full of hope he was even with death string him in the face.

When I thought about his family and the pain they must endure at the passing of such a man, I wept. There are no words I have that can comfort his grieving widow or make their loss understandable. The pain and emptiness they endure right now is without measure. I am saddened that I will not see him again on this earth and lament his passing. I pray for his family and loved ones that the suffering they bear may be lessened in the days to come and eventually they will be able to have some kind of normalcy in their lives.

I will miss you my friend.
Wes

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen, Karn, MadHatter, Serenity, Goken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #2535 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Senan has passed

For those that didn’t know Senan, Steven Jeffrey Hay, he was one of our founding members. He is responsible for most of the art on the site and helped create doctrine and policy. He was a good friend to many people and helped encourage others. He was one of the strongest people I knew. And I know several people that he reached out to who were struggling with cancer, either their own or someone they knew and loved, and helped them deal with the turmoil, confusion, uncertainty and fear that comes with it.

I never heard him have an unkind work to say about anyone and I saw him display love and fairness far more than many people probably deserved. He was a good man… And a great Knight. He brought balance to the council and ensured a more diverse view was taken in ever approach. He had great influence, a kind heart and used these things for the betterment of the world.

Senan will be posthumously awarded the title First Knight in honor of his service and memory of his passing.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen, MadHatter, Serenity, Goken

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #2536 by Serenity
Replied by Serenity on topic Senan has passed
When one of us dies , they take a part of us with them , but more important , they leave a legacy behind that we can learn from and build on. May we learn from his never ending optimism , his patience and his perseverence.

He was a good Knight , safe travels Sir Senan , may you find your way home in the Force
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Serenity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, jzen, MadHatter

More
5 years 4 months ago #2537 by jzen
Replied by jzen on topic Senan has passed
I'm still in shock about everything, and I feel a tremendous sense of loss. He was a brother, a mentor, and a friend and he will truly be missed. We all have a lot that we can learn from his example. Here's a toast to our brother knight Senan. May your memory never fade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, MadHatter, Serenity

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #2538 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Senan has passed
I am very saddened by this news. Senan was very kind to me and always around to help me when I was at the other site. He had a very calm way of looking at things and on more than one occasion helped me work through difficulties. His contribution to the creation of The Monastic Order of Knights is huge and he will be remembered.

Since we heard the news, I cant help but remember a skype meeting that I watched from the fringes when the first gathering was being planned and he said "I'll definitely be there for the next one!" Makes me desperately sad and I take it as a reminder not to put off the important things.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, jzen, MadHatter, Serenity

More
5 years 2 months ago #2712 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Senan has passed
This is the first time I have really talked about his passing with people that knew him. He was a friend. A fellow Jedi. Someone I could always turn to when I was working on the council at TOTJO. He always was a rock when things got hard. His passing hit me like a truck. I still miss him and occasionally think about sending him a message only to remember that I cant. I can only pray that he is at peace with the Force and move forward with the lessons I learned in our talks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, jzen

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds