To Serve?

More
3 years 8 months ago #3259 by Wescli Wardest
To Serve? was created by Wescli Wardest

Many people want to grow as individuals. That’s great!
So why become a Knight?

To serve.

To help others.

To grow more than you can on your own.

Some might even say, for greater purpose.

Since civilization has existed there have been those that are in need. Need of food, housing, clothing, aid, protection…
In a world of only one, is a knight needed?

Comments, questions, rebuttals and opposing views welcome. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: KobayashiRmaru

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #3269 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic To Serve?

Service sometimes comes from the least expected people

My wife and I stopped by a fast food place this last weekend while we were out and about running chores. Going to the store and the like. Because of the state we live in and the corona virus policies enacted we were not allowed to eat indoors. So we got our food and set on the tail gate of the tuck. Kind of like a picnic :)

We watched employee of said fast food chain after employee walk out to the dumpster to throw out trash. Nothing new or exciting there. And each one walked by and passed up a rather large food container from the store. It’s not like it was far away and hard to reach. Not like it could be confused with another fast food chains container. Not like it was in someone else’s parking lot! And the container set. I was just about to get up and throw away the trash when a little voice said, not yet, wait. Not even a few minutes later a homeless person walked through the parking lot. Noticed the food container setting al alone in the middle of where people drive; and walked over to it. My wife and I watched as he picked it up, went out of his way to take it to the trash bin, and throw it away.

He had no vested interest in the store. They had not given him food, money or asked him to do it.

All I can say is, if the “least of us” can make an effort, shouldn’t we all be able to?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds