MOoK Political Views

More
4 years 7 months ago #3021 by Wescli Wardest

I have seen on many other internet sites where people will take sides on political topics. We’ll say topics and allow that to include ideologies and persons.

I’ve also noticed that even sites that claim to be where people are “enlightened” follow their personal opinions to support their stance. Even when they can produce no evidence to support their position.

This has always been a mild curiosity to me; and, a bit of an annoyance.

I have no issue discussing the merits of policy. But to support or slander someone you do not know and only have the subjective opinions of others to supply your information seems… fool hearty at best.

This order has never taken political sides or a stance on any side before.
So I ask, should we?

To me, in a world that seems you are bombarded at every turn with political rhetoric it is nice to have somewhere to go and not have to deal with it. That said, politics does shape our day to day lives. Should we at least be open to discussing the merits of policies?

I would be open to discussing policies and current events so long as we do not degrade into people bashing. Or, accusatory language used to degrade a group be it race, religion, culture or party.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #3022 by Serenity
Replied by Serenity on topic MOoK Political Views
That is odd, the websites i frequent are in consensus about not taking sides when one is of Service. Like the huminatarian organisations that are there to help people and not be politically engaged. I have my own opinion about politics that i will keep to myself. Or discuss with a nice drink...in person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds