George H.W. Bush's Advice to Young People
- Posts: 940
- Thank you received: 497
I cannot single out the one greatest challenge in my life. I have had a lot of challenges and my advice to young people might be as follows.
1. Don’t get down when your life takes a bad turn. Out of adversity come challenge and often success.
2. Don’t blame others for your set backs.
3. When things go well, always give credit to others.
4. Don’t talk all the time. Listen to your friends and mentors and learn from them.
5. Don’t brag about yourself. Let others point out your virtues, your strong points.
6. Give someone else a hand. When a friend is hurting show that friend you care.
7. Nobody likes an overbearing big shot.
8. As you succeed be kind to people. Thank those who help you along the way.
9. Don’t’ be afraid to shed a tear when your heart is broken because a friend is hurting.
10. Say your prayers!!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.