Use your passions to fight injustice (Ted Talk)

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #1083 by Williamkaede

As the president of the non-profit organization, Rescue Freedom International and the founder of Climb for Captives, Jeremy Vallerand challenges us to volunteer differently. Jeremy Vallerand has wasted no time making a huge difference for those in need. As the president of the non-profit organization, Rescue Freedom International and the founder of Climb for Captives. His experiences have brought him important insights about service. He's here to challenge us to volunteer differently.

Passion, yet harmony.

I mean, that's the whole point of the Jedi endeavour is it not? Make your world a better place, even if your influence only affects those in your immediate vicinity. To use the skills that we're meant to be practicing, not only to improve our own lives but to improve the lives of those around us.
In 2015 I left the railway because I wanted work which was more fulfilling. So I left behind what could have been a promising, lifelong career in favour of Counselling & Psychology. I'm at the end of my second year and I'm starting to be able to put my own projects into action. I've just wrapped up two events I'd spent months planning and I've already got the ball rolling on another.

There is more to this path than meditation, Campbell and pointless hypotheticals. Let's start seeing the discussion of, and development of real-world skills which can be brought to bear on real problems.

Aspect Knight
Good vibes and victory
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Williamkaede.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Senan, jzen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #1085 by Wescli Wardest
Excellent video.
And very much on track with what we would like to do, do and could get better at doing.

Thank you :cheer:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Senan

More
6 years 4 months ago #1086 by jzen
This is an awesome video! Thanks for sharing this :)

• Senan
  • Knight
  • Knight
  • Just trying to make a difference in the world
More
6 years 4 months ago #1087 by Senan
Great message! It is certainly in line with what we want this order to be about.

First Knight (Nov 26th, 2018)

Battlefield Commission - Knight
Apprentice to Wescli Wardest
The following user(s) said Thank You: jzen

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds